2011年12月6日火曜日

MR-4: Camp rock

The story is about the main character, Mitchie Torres, who wants to be a singer and goes to a music camp for rich kids. Her family was not rich, but her mother managed to get a job as a caterer there so she was able to attend the camp. Then she made some friends and met famous singers.
I have watched this movie over 5 times with my American host family in America. My host sisters were huge fans of the Jonas brothers. I did not enjoy this movie that much. I think it’s a bad version of ‘High school musical’. The plot was awful. I could always guess what was going to happen next.
Since it was a music camp for rich kids, apparently, she lied about her family because of her pride. She wanted to get in to the group. It is too obvious that someone will discover the truth somehow. Her mother worked at the kitchen in the camp, so she also needed to help her. She needed to make more lies to make it sound real. I could not understand why would she lie about her family if she is proud of her family? Because of that part, I could not like Mitchie for rest of this movie.
Also the mean girl Tess suddenly turned into a sweet girl at the end for some reason. It just did not make sense. The characters were so stereotypical and I could not believe they were real people.
If I was the director of this movie, I would definately change the plot. I would not let Mitchie lie about her financial situation. I would also have more scenes to show how Tess had changed and why she became such a better person at the end. I also found the actress who played Mitchie to be bad for the part and not a very good singer, even though she was supposed to be the best singer in the camp. All the other people at the camp had been trained and had rich or famous families, but it didn't really seem to make sense. Why go to a camp for this kind of event? I think the camp and musical themes were popular at the time and that is why this film exists.

[384 words]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿